We have extended the following COVID-19 precautions and procedures Until Further Notice
COVID-19 and the precautions and procedures to deal with such an emergency is new to Westbrook Village Golf Club. We are reviewing procedures and are creating policies for today and into the future.
CDC recommendations have been to cancel events that bring groups of people together and we are seeing this happen in every industry. Although the game of golf is 2 people in a cart, 4 people in a group, when we have cross-overs and shotguns, we have larger groups in close proximity as they check in, pay appropriate fees, and socialize after the round. Therefore, we have made changes to our current schedules and procedures with an eye on health and safety intended to reduce the number of people gathered at one time in the Pro Shop, Range areas and after round gatherings.
Beginning March 18th until further notice:
- Tee-sheets will be single tee starting at 7:00AM or later. No cross-over or shotguns.
- Tee-time requests and groups are limited to a maximum number of six (6) tee-times. This includes all large groups.
- Charter league signups will continue for play. However, all players signed up will be randomly paired, placed on the tee sheet and there will be no game.
- In order to reduce gatherings in the pro shop, we ask only those that need to pay for golf or intend to purchase something, enter the golf shop.
- Members will be checked in via the windows.
- The Pro-shop Handicap computers will be unavailable. Please post your scores online or via the GHIN phone app.
- We will temporarily allow more than 2 carts per group if they feel it necessary. Any member requesting a WBVGC cart without the annual cart package will be required to pay a cart fee.
These are temporary procedures that will protect our members, staff and community.
YOU don’t need a policy to ensure your safety. While we continue to review the safety procedures for our Club and the continuous changes in the COVID-19 emergency, YOU are the one that can do the most for your protection. IT IS FOR YOUR HEALTH THAT WE HAVE MADE THESE CHANGES IN THE TEE TIME ROUTINE. HELP US HELP YOU!
Thank you for your cooperation.
Your Board of Directors and Staff