Abnormal Course Conditions (ACC)
- Rocks formed to create drainage areas.
- Cart paths and maintenance repairs alongside drainage rocks are considered as one
- Pump houses are immovable obstructions including shrubs, plantings and bricks in the immediate area.
Staked Trees and their Tree Well are ACC (*New)
- Newly planted trees that are staked or marked and their tree wells are treated as immovable obstructions.
Xeriscape ("Desert") Edge Relief
- Any player whose ball lies within 6" of the xeriscaped collar (desert meets the grass) may take optional free relief using rule 16-1b. ACC. The ball may be marked, lifted, cleaned, and dropped within one club length of the nearest point of relief.
Animal Droppings Relief
- Animal Droppings (ie duck, coyote, geese, etc.) may be treated as loose impediments or ACC (Local Rule F-12). The player may take free relief, one club length of the original lie, but, not nearer the hole.
*Out of Bounds
- Maintenance yards, driving ranges, inside edges of sidewalks bordering the streets and inside edge of property walls are all considered out of bounds.
- On Vistas Hole #5 and Lakes #10 (*New), the areas to the right side of the cart path, defined by the white line, is Out of Bounds.
Out of Bounds/Lost Ball Rule E-5
- Out of Bounds local rule E-5 is an options for stroke and distance for a ball that is LOST or OUT OF BOUNDS.
- Relief is from where it is known or virtually certain to be lost or where it went out of bounds, all the way to the nearest fairway plus two club lengths, no closer to the hole plus two stroke penalty.
- This option may only be used if a provisional ball was not put into play or if the provisional ball was lost or OB.
- This option may NOT be used with an unplayable lie
- Local rule E-5 will be an option for all regular weekly games.
- Notice must be given to all players in Tournaments or rounds where option local rule E-5 is withdrawn
WBVGC Preferred Lies
Preferred lies’ is the term that means that you as a golf player are allowed to improve your lie without penalty on certain parts of a golf course. It’s a local rule only and is also known as ‘Winter Rules’.
During certain times of the year the Pro Shop may put one or both the courses in using “Preferred Lies”. The following are to be used when “Preferred Lies” are in place unless amended and posted on a specific date of play.
In a preferred lies situation, you may play your ball as it lies or utilize the “Preferred Lies” local rules. The “Preferred Lies” local rule may only be used in a closely mown area (fairway) and a player must:
- Mark their ball first. (Failure to mark their ball will be a 1 stroke penalty)
- Lift up the ball
- (Optional) Clean the ball
- Place the ball within 6 inches of the original location, no closer to the hole
Playing the ball from an incorrect location (further than 6 inches from original location or closer to the hole) will result in a two stroke penalty.
If the Pro Shop extends relief to the general area, the following will be added to the WBVGC “Preferred Lie” local rule.
The player is ONLY ALLOWED to use the “Preferred Lie” local rule if there is NO interference by any other situation such as trees, shrubs, any natural objects or OB Model local rule E-3
Unmaintained Bunker Lies
While the golf club is not utilizing rakes inside the bunkers the following local rule will be in place.
All unmaintained areas within bunkers will be applicable for the “WBVGC Preferred Lie” local rule. If a maintained area is not available within the allotted 6 inches to place the ball. The player may smooth the area with their foot or club to simulate a maintained area and place their ball in that location, but the ball must remain within 6 inches of the original location, no closer to the hole.